Your 'Wonder of One' Journey
There is something in our world that calls you — a difference that only you can make. Taking this journey will build your adaptable resilience with kindness and purpose.
If your path towards this difference is muddy, my ‘Wonder of One™’ Journey will guide you to answer this call, by exploring the true wonder of your potential to make this difference.
Only you, the Wonder of One™.
How to Begin
What is the change in your life that inspires and challenges you right now, and needs your open heart — your Why?
Your journey towards this purpose moves through the five phases of your Wonder of One™ Journey — listed below — as you realise your full potential to achieve this purpose.
To find out where your journey is now:
- First, work out in which phase that you are in now.
- Second, look at the previous phases. You will see — even though your progress might seem to be slow or worse, non-existent — that you are already part way there.
- Third, return to your present phase, and see what work you need to do — on yourself — to move forward.
If you need help, or you want to share your progress, please click here to ask me how I can help you. I will be delighted to hear from you:-)
Your Wonder of One™ Journey
1. An initial phase when you are in some way held back from moving towards your purpose or intention. You sense a gap in your usual method of achieving goals, which is holding you back from this one. Searching to bridge this gap leads you into a journey to realise your own potential to adapt to changes in your life and be resilient.
2. A phase of opening into your journey to realise this potential. You think you can achieve this alone.
3. A more severe state of being held back, as your self-limiting beliefs and habits (such as giving your power to others) threaten to undermine your journey. You become more aware of their power to derail your journey, if you allow them to. And you discover one or more companions – a person, a book or other new knowledge or technique – to support your journey.
4. A phase where, although your self-limiting beliefs and other habits are still dominant, you have realised some of your power to adapt to change and be resilient. This becomes a challenging struggle, when conflict between your power to succeed in this change and your self-limiting beliefs and habits is at its most extreme. Here, as your goal calls, you face the greatest risk of not adapting to the change in your life. Your companion(s) is your greatest ally.
5. The last phase is a time of opening out into your full potential of resilience — your Why. You have let go your self-limiting beliefs and habits to become the resilient adapter to the change that you have been seeking; their grip is finally broken. Your heart has fully opened now to your new purpose. You have bridged the gap to achieve a rich and fulfilling daily life, ready for your next challange.
If you ever become disillusioned during your journey, wondering how you can make a difference when so much needs to be done, Jonathan Franzen has a suggestion for you:
Keep trying to save what you love specifically—a community, an institution, a wild place, a species that’s in trouble—and take heart in your small successes.
©2018 Wendy Campbell
This Wonder of One™ journey has been adapted by Wendy Campbell from the book The Seven Basic Plots: Why We Tell Stories. Wendy extends her deepest thanks to the author of the book, Christopher Booker.
This website has been kindly created by gifted software engineers,
Jeanette Phillips and Christopher Phillips.